From: Trishan de Lanerolle <tdelanerolle@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2018 9:18 AM
To: Heucke, Tyler
Cc: Infra@...
Subject: Re: [Infra] Change DNS for wiki

Hi Tyler,
Apologies for the delayed reply. IT was able to put the redirect. However, they had a question below.

wiki.openswitch.net is now a redirect to the Github wiki.

HOWEVER, there was no prior wiki.openswitch.net A or CNAME record when I went to make this change, so I don't know what IP address or hostname to use for a "wiki-deprecated" DNS record.  If someone from the project can provide the IP address or hostname (for a CNAME record), we will get the new DNS record created.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 6:31 PM <Tyler.Heucke@...> wrote:

Trishan,

DNS redirects can only go from domain to domain (like wiki.openswitch.net to github.com).​ Should I set up wiki to redirect to github.com, or just remove the entry entirely?

~Tyler