Thanks. The LF IT team manages the DNS records, they checked the name and looks like whoever is managing 52.42.136.166 will need to make an adjustment. The DNS entry was created for wiki-deprecated. We can leave things as is too.

Regards,
Trishan

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 12:13 PM <Tyler.Heucke@...> wrote:

​I had already been requested to delete the wiki.openswitch.net DNS record and did so.

I have created a new A record: wiki-deprecated.openswitch.net -> 52.42.136.166

(52.42.136.166​ is the IP address of the wiki VM, however navigating to it redirects to the GitHub wiki already)

~Tyler

From: Trishan de Lanerolle <tdelanerolle@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2018 9:18 AM
To: Heucke, Tyler
Cc: Infra@...
Subject: Re: [Infra] Change DNS for wiki

Hi Tyler,
Apologies for the delayed reply. IT was able to put the redirect. However, they had a question below.

wiki.openswitch.net is now a redirect to the Github wiki.

HOWEVER, there was no prior wiki.openswitch.net A or CNAME record when I went to make this change, so I don't know what IP address or hostname to use for a "wiki-deprecated" DNS record.  If someone from the project can provide the IP address or hostname (for a CNAME record), we will get the new DNS record created.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 6:31 PM <Tyler.Heucke@...> wrote:

Trishan,

DNS redirects can only go from domain to domain (like wiki.openswitch.net to github.com).​ Should I set up wiki to redirect to github.com, or just remove the entry entirely?

~Tyler