Date

root password not working on my VM

Shalit, Amir

Any idea how to get a working root password (used to work until recently) to execute basic functions on my VM (like restarting docker) ?

Thanks,

Amir

shalita@hpnsw4430:/ws/shalita/nas-master$ service docker status

Warning: docker.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.

\u25cf docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine

   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/docker.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

  Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d

           \u2514\u2500http-proxy.conf

   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2018-07-16 10:11:46 PDT; 1h 17min ago

     Docs: https://docs.docker.com

  Process: 111155 ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// --insecure-registry hpn-dockerregistry-02.rose.rdlabs.hpecorp.net:5000 --insecure-registry hpn-do

Main PID: 111155 (code=exited, status=205/LIMITS)

shalita@hpnsw4430:/ws/shalita/nas-master$ systemctl daemon-reload

Failed to execute operation: Access denied

Re: Change DNS for wiki

Trishan de Lanerolle

Hi Tyler,
Thanks. The LF IT team manages the DNS records, they checked the name and looks like whoever is managing 52.42.136.166 will need to make an adjustment. The DNS entry was created for wiki-deprecated. We can leave things as is too.

Regards,
Trishan

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 12:13 PM <Tyler.Heucke@...> wrote:

​I had already been requested to delete the wiki.openswitch.net DNS record and did so.

I have created a new A record: wiki-deprecated.openswitch.net -> 52.42.136.166

(52.42.136.166​ is the IP address of the wiki VM, however navigating to it redirects to the GitHub wiki already)

~Tyler